Brucellosis (Mediterranean Fever)
Brucellosis is caused by a germ called Brucella. This germ lives in and infects animals like cattle, dogs, and pigs. Humans get the infection by coming in direct contact with an infected animal. They may also eat or drink something from an infected animal. Other times, a person may breathe in the germ. Brucellosis can also be spread through sexual contact or breast milk. Doctors treat this illness by giving drugs. These will help to kill the germs inside the body. It may take a few weeks for your signs to go away. The infection may come back after a few years. Early treatment can help prevent problems and may keep the infection from coming back after treatment.
- $30.35+See pricesMinocyclineGeneric Minocycline ER, Ximino, Minocin
- $4.06+See pricesSulfamethoxazole TrimethoprimGeneric Bactrim, Bactrim Ds
- $35.42+See pricesGentamicin CreamGeneric Gentamicin Pediatric
- $80.69+See pricesTetracycline Hcl
- $2.1k+See pricesStreptomycin
- $93.48+See pricesGentamicin Sulfate 0.9 Pct Chloride